Nancy Smith gave us a photocopy of the newspaper or magazine article below, which was written by her around 1984.
The Methodist Churches
A Jerome 1984 Methodist church bulletin relates: “The Haven M.E. Church was organized by Rev. George M. Smith on March 18, 1900. The first preaching service was held in the Con O’Keefe building next to the Miller Company store, on that date. The Ladies’ Aid, ever indispensable, was organized two days later. A lot was bought on March 30 in the “16 to 1″ Mining Claim Tract. The first church building was begun on April 3rd.”
It should be noted that in October 1897 there was a congregation of the Methodist Episcopal Church South holding services somewhere, led by Wm. Gebb as Sunday school Superintendent and Rev. Healy as Pastor. Some later newspapers prior to 1900 do not mention the M.E. South group. The Haven Methodist Church has, to this day held Sunday services for the Jerome congregation and visitors.